Giving families the tools necessary to ensure children succeed.
Promoting healthy cognitive, socio-emotional and physical development for our children.
Childhood success is a key indicator of future success, so we invest resources to improve the odds for children and families. We concentrate resources on the earliest years, where the return on investment is more than $7 for every $1 committed by driving results through collaborative action in Boulder and Broomfield counties with an emphasis on strengthening families for early childhood success.
Early Childhood Success Initiatives include:
- Boulder County Safer Families Initiative is one of the Impact Initiative Grant recipients and builds upon the foundation of collaboration, relationships, and capacities nurtured by the DV/CPS Team over the past six years, to develop a more comprehensive and effective coordinated community response to the co-occurring issues of child abuse and domestic violence. This initiative will provide immediate support and resources to families impacted by violence, helping them achieve and sustain safety and stability, and will also collect critical data and develop much-needed resources for these vulnerable children and adults.
- The Truancy Improvement Project reduces the use of detention, identifies and matches services to truant youth and family needs, and uses real-time knowledge to create better solutions to increase school success.
- The Boulder County Assuring Better Child Health and Development (ABCD) Partnership streamlines access to developmental services for children in all of Boulder County.
- The Early Childhood Council of Boulder County expands and improves the quality and availability of early childhood care, learning, and wellness for families in Boulder County.
- DV/CPS Collaboration & Consultation Team is dedicated to keeping children in Boulder County safe, providing them with a supportive, nurturing environment, and supporting non-abusing parents who are also victims of domestic violence.
- No Student Hungry Partnership is dedicated to serving populations suffering from food insecurity.
- Bright EYES Coalition is focused on engaging and connecting Boulder-area families with early learning resources and opportunities.
- Boulder and Broomfield Counties Family Resource Center (FRC) Network provides families with the support necessary for them to become stronger in key areas that affect family stability.
- Dream Big is dedicated to eliminating opportunity and achievement gaps by providing low-income youth and their families with Cradle-to-Career support through three tiers – increasing academic success, strengthening family support networks and promoting student well-being.
- Partners Bridging the Digital Divide is seeking to bridge the digital divide by expanding broadband access, providing skill-building workshops and device access to three populations: BVSD parents and guardians on limited income; non-native English speaking adults; elderly adults.
The Westlake Middle School Collaborative, whose goal is to ensure all Westlake Middle School students are math proficient, prepared for high school and set up for success.