Pharmacies participate in this program on a voluntary basis. For a complete list of partiicipating pharmacies, visit www.familywize.org.
In the last two years, 40% of people in the United States have either skipped filling a prescription or reduced their doses because the medicine was too expensive. To address this, Foothills United Way, Boulder County and the City of Boulder have partnered to bring the FamilyWize Prescription Drug Discount Card program to our local community.
The FamilyWize program enables participants to receive discounted pricing on prescription drugs. It can offer immediate savings on prescription drugs at participating pharmacies for people without health insurance, during deductible periods and for prescription medicine not covered by health insurance, Medicare and other benefit plans. This is not insurance, nor is it intended to replace insurance.
Cards are distributed through local nonprofit agencies, City of Boulder services, Boulder County services and Foothills United Way.
Simply present your FamilyWize card to the participating pharmacy, along with the prescription from your doctor, to receive your discounts. If you need to transfer a prescription, bring your empty prescription bottle or label with you to the pharmacy.
- Average Discount = 30% or more - $20 per prescription.
- Accepted at most pharmacies nationwide, including all major chains.
- Covers all prescription drugs.
- No age, income or residency restrictions. Anyone can use it.
- Covers everyone with no health insurance or prescription coverage.
- All cards are bi-lingual, in English and Spanish.
- Covers all medicine not covered by insurance, Medicaid, Medicare or other benefit plans
- No registration, activation, paperwork or enrollment. No personal information is collected.
- No cost to the United Way, participating organizations or people using the cards.